We lead by green example. Green isn’t simply part of how we manufacture custom kitchen cabinets, it colors our community, facilities, business practices and those we do business with.
Holiday Kitchen Live Green means we:
- Join the environmental effort as members of the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer Association’s (KCMA) Environmental Stewardship Program (ESP).
- Reduce, reuse and recycle office materials, working toward a paperless environment, and maintain energy efficient principles
- Keep it clean by utilizing a distiller to reclaim cleaning solvents
- Reduce material usage with Most Available Controlled Technology (MACT) finish and adhesive application technology
- Increase our energy efficiency with a gas-fired oven curing system
- Improve wood utilization with an automating optimizing cut line
- Reduce our non-wood waste stream
- Increase board yield with CNC nesting technology
- Reduce finishing material usage
- Implement lean manufacturing technology and processes
- Utilize 100 percent of all raw wood – downfall wood is used for cutting boards, finger joints, animal bedding and landscaping materials
- Ask the same of our suppliers, with reviews by our Green Council to ensure they are committed to sustainable forestry practices